Intellisense is not available

• Hello!

I have just installed SQL 2008 (10.0.1057.4). For some reason, I do not see intellisense feature in SSMS. Is there something I need to do to enable it? I tried

ALT + RIGHT ARROW, but it didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Igor

• Make sure you go into Tools, Options and the select the Text Editor and Transact SQL. The general section there has "Statement Completion." You can get it turned on there. It doesn't do auto complete on command words, at least that I've seen, but it does do database objects, columns, etc.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• In General section I have Auto list members and Parameters Information selected. When I type in MDW database: SELECT * FROM core.sou

I expect to see some sort of list similar to SQLPrompt. Is my understanding of Intellisense correct?

Thanks,

Igor

• Yeah, I would have expected to see it begin offering completions when you were typing the schema. That's what I see on my machine. Are you using the November CTP?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Igor Marchenko (1/23/2008)

Hello!

I have just installed SQL 2008 (10.0.1057.4). For some reason, I do not see intellisense feature in SSMS. Is there something I need to do to enable it? I tried

ALT + RIGHT ARROW, but it didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Igor

Hi Igor,

download the latest CTP (November CTP, which should be 10.0.1075.23) You seem to have an earlier version, however intellisense (well, the first version of it) has only been introduced in the November CTP (CTP 5)

Regards,

Andras

Andras Belokosztolszki, MCPD, PhD
    GoldenGate Software

• Thanks Andras!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply