Integration Services

• I install SQL 2008 R2 on a server. Integration Services works just fine on server. If I try to connect to it remotely unable to connect. Not sure what is wrong here been researching for two hours and nothing works

• keanyukas - Monday, March 25, 2019 10:51 AM

I install SQL 2008 R2 on a server. Integration Services works just fine on server. If I try to connect to it remotely unable to connect. Not sure what is wrong here been researching for two hours and nothing works

Connect to Integration Services using what? And do you get any errors that you could post?
    If this is an issue with connecting to Integration Services using SSMS, you need to use the version of SSMS that shipped with the version of Integration Services you are trying to connect to.

Sue

• TITLE: Connect to Server
    ------------------------------

Cannot connect to knet-ir4.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&LinkId=20476

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer "knet-ir4" failed with the following error: "Class not registered".

This error can occur when you try to connect to a SQL Server 2005 Integration Services service from the current version of the SQL Server tools. Instead, add folders to the service configuration file to let the local Integration Services service manage packages on the SQL Server 2005 instance.

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=506689

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer "knet-ir4" failed with the following error: "Class not registered".

This error can occur when you try to connect to a SQL Server 2005 Integration Services service from the current version of the SQL Server tools. Instead, add folders to the service configuration file to let the local Integration Services service manage packages on the SQL Server 2005 instance.

BUTTONS:

OK

• keanyukas - Monday, March 25, 2019 10:51 AM

I install SQL 2008 R2 on a server. Integration Services works just fine on server. If I try to connect to it remotely unable to connect. Not sure what is wrong here been researching for two hours and nothing works

How are you trying to connect - and what is it you are expecting to be able to do once connected?

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• Trying to connect via SSMS

• keanyukas - Monday, March 25, 2019 12:51 PM

Trying to connect via SSMS

Use the version of SSMS that comes with the version of Integration Services you are trying to connect to. You can get the error using a higher version of SSMS.

Sue

• I grabbed the software from the server and installed only the SSMS onto my computer. I can connect to the database however the drop down does not show integration services like on the server

• keanyukas - Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:12 AM

I grabbed the software from the server and installed only the SSMS onto my computer. I can connect to the database however the drop down does not show integration services like on the server

Why do you need to connect to Integration Services - what are you trying to accomplish?

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• keanyukas - Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:12 AM

I grabbed the software from the server and installed only the SSMS onto my computer. I can connect to the database however the drop down does not show integration services like on the server

You need to install Management tools-complete rather than basic.

Sue

• It will not let me change from basic see attached

• keanyukas - Wednesday, March 27, 2019 5:33 AM

It will not let me change from basic see attached

SSMS that you install through the Express edition only allows basic for the tools, complete is not available with the express edition.

Sue

• I got it to work thank you for all your help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply