Integration Services 2005 Issue - 0xC000F427 : To run a SSIS package outside of Business Intelligence Development Studio you must install Standard Edition of Integration Services or higher

• Hello...

I have encountered an issue that I am having a difficult time to resolve. I have two 2005 packages (a parent and a child) that I execute. The parent one works just fine (there is a SQL task before calling the child package) and a bit of the secondary package executes as well...but then I receive the following:

Error: 2012-02-28 23:34:02.70

Code: 0xC000F427

Source: Attributes SSIS.Pipeline

Description: To run a SSIS package outside of Business Intelligence Development Studio you must install Standard Edition of Integration Services or higher.

End Error

This seems like an odd error as I do have Integration Services installed and since the parent package executes just fine on its own. A couple items to note:

* I am executing the parent package from the command line DTExec utility

* Both packages were developed on a different machine (32 bit)

* The server running the package is 64 bit

* Both versions of SQL Server are the same (2005) but the local (developer) machine has SP3, server has SP2

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts. I have attached the full process log in case it helps anyone diagnose my issue.

Thanks!!!

• Are you sure the server is 2005, because when I look at the error file it seems that the server is 2008.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• The (Windows) server itself is 2008, but it is running SQL Server 2005.

• I disagree:

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility

Version 10.0.2531.0 for 32-bit

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.

That is 10.0.2531 which is SQL 2008 SP1 it would be 9.0.xxxx for SQL 2005.. It is being run by the SQL 2008 DTEXEC.

CEWII

• Thanks. That makes sense. I just read something else that states while you may have multiple database instances (of different versions) on a server, you can only have 1 Integration Services instance. I am guessing that somewhere else on this server is a previous 2008 instance.

Thanks everyone for your help and clarification!!!

• I've got this error too with a new package prototype that I have quickly developed: executing SSIS package via Web App (C#).

I'm working on SQL Server 2008 R2 though. Found the cause of the error - I was using Send Mail Task to report run status.

I replaced this with a Script Task to send the email thinking it could be associated with Send Mail Task. I still have the problem with Script Task sending email.

In conclusion for me, sending email via SMTP is the problem.

Have to think of something else now...

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply