Insufficient Disk Space

• Hi,

I am Executing an ssis Package in my local machine. The package comprises of a Dataflow task, The Dataflow task includes two OLEDB source,The property of both these two source is set to call two procedures respectively and the output of these two procedures is joined using Merge join, Then the resultant output of the merge join is written to a flat file destination.while Executing the package in production server it says "The buffer manager cannot extend the file "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\DTSB6.tmp" to length 10481764. There was insufficient disk space." .

please help me on this..

• The error says everything. You don't have enough free space on your server.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• is it possible to redirect it to different drive(d:drive) rather than c -drive ?

• Check your system environment variables and set your TEMP folder to the drive where you would like to have it.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Try setting the BufferTempStoragePath property for the Data Flow task to the other drive you want to use.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I have a couple questions. There does not appear to be any definitive answer anywhere on this topic of Temp Buffer Storage. Currently I have data flows that are writing out to my profile on the server. It is getting that from the Creator property. When the creator is blank or has no profile on the server it writes to the sql agent account profile. The start of the thread is referencing windows/temp. This appears to be another variation. Cozy you mentioned changing the enviro var for TEMP, I don't see what this would do for buffer storage since it does not use the temp path?

Is there a way to globally set TempBuffer storage? At this point the closest I can get is using find/replace on the DTSX files.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply