Installing SSRS on Developer edition

• Hi all,

I need to install SSRS onto my laptop, which currently has all other components excepts SSRS.

I've tried to use the developer edition CD, but is has Reporting Services greyed out ????

I understood Developer edition to be Enterprise edition but for development?

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it won't let me install this or how to get around the problem.

thanks

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

• It is related to operating systems version and in XP you are either running home or your IIS is not installed. If you are in Vista or Win 7 you must be run running either Ultimate or Business to install SSRS 2005 because it is Windows authentication dependent, I am running Win 7 and IIS7 was not added and when added most of the features disabled. You have to go to Programs in Control Panel and Turn on or off Windows features add most of the features you need to run SSRS 2005.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, so I'll check the windows features. I think that is where the problem is as I have IIS installed

_____________________________________________________________________________MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer (2005)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply