Installing SQL 2005 Express on a net book

• I successfully installed SQL 2005 Express on two netbooks running XP. Both were Asus eee PCs (1G RAM, 170G HD). I was amazed it worked! Life is good.

Next, I needed to install it on a less-powerful netbook. This one is an Asus eee PC, but with 4G HD (2G free after install).

As the installation finished (was doing other things), the screen went black. Upon restart and selecting the user to login as, screen went black again.

Restarting in safe mode, I disabled the SQL Server service. Reboot and things are fine..except no SQL of course.

Any ideas on what I could change to make this work? I'm hoping there's a registry setting that would turn off a feature I don't need, but allow me to be up and running.

Thanks for your time!

• So, the answer would be, "try reinstalling it". It worked the second time..go figure

• probably SQL is using the full memory of the notebook. That could be an issue. You can always set SQL to use a specified amount of memory and leave some for the OS to function normally.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply