Installing Analysis Services

• I have a SQL 2005 box which is running SQL 2005 and Analysis Services 2005. I am able to install Enterprise Manager for SQL 2000 on the computer, but when I try to install the Analysis Services Manager for SQL 2000, it says "To install a new version of Analysis Services, you must first remove your existing version." Is there a way to install the Analysis Services Manager for 2000 on my SQL/AS 2005 box?

• Hi,

Why not just use SQL Server Management Studio, to work with Analysis Services?

The BIDS suite is also used to buil and deploy your Analysis Services projects in SQL Server 2005.

• The issue I'm having is that on a SQL 2005 box running Analysis Services 2005, I also want to install the management console for Analysis Services 2000 (so I can remotely manage my AS2000 boxes from the same server). It appears as though you can't have both Analysis Services 2005 running and then try to install Analysis Services 2000 (even just the management console), but I don't know for sure. I have found very little information about it anywhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply