Installation problems...

• Is SQL Server 2005 still supported? I was trying to install SQL Server 2005 Express and SP3 on a Windows Server 2008, however, there seems to be issues creating the database, so I think I might have to configure rights for the windows user to create databases through Management Studio.

I was unsuccessful in installing SQL Server 2008 full edition because the part where the installer configures the instance seems to fail and I don't know what to do.

SQL Server 2012 seems out of question, it just requires Windows Server 2008 R2, and, I don't know where to get it from.

• Jon-538504 (10/13/2012)

Is SQL Server 2005 still supported? I was trying to install SQL Server 2005 Express and SP3 on a Windows Server 2008, however, there seems to be issues creating the database, so I think I might have to configure rights for the windows user to create databases through Management Studio.

I was unsuccessful in installing SQL Server 2008 full edition because the part where the installer configures the instance seems to fail and I don't know what to do.

SQL Server 2012 seems out of question, it just requires Windows Server 2008 R2, and, I don't know where to get it from.

SQL Server 2005 is still supported through extended support. See here: http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=sql+server+2005&Filter=FilterNO

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply