Installation Fails for SQL server 2005 Developer Edition

• Hi,

When I try to install SQL server 2005 Developer edition on my HP Laptop 6510b, it fails for MSXML6, DB services, Notification services,Integration services & Books Online but The support files, Native client, etc get installed. I use Win XP Professional, SP2. When I tried the same installation on my desktop it worked fine. Has this got to do something with the Laptop model compatibility. Any solution to this is appreciated.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    **"There is only one difference between dream and aim. Dream requires Soundless sleep to see…Where as Aim Requires Sleepless Efforts to Achieve":-) **

• Refer the following link for the O/S requirement.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/e/50ec0a69-d69e-4962-b2c9-80bbad125641/RequirementsSQL2005.htm

HTH

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• You can install 2005 in XP pro but it is better if you copy everything to your C drive and run setup from your C drive. I have installed it in 2 laptops Dell and Toshiba without issues.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Hey Thanks for the responses but I have resolved the issue myself. The problem was due to the MSXML6 Parser which had got installed in the laptop. The higher version of this was actually not allowing SQL to install its files. I removed the MSXML6 PArser from Programs & then installed & it worked fine.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------
    **"There is only one difference between dream and aim. Dream requires Soundless sleep to see…Where as Aim Requires Sleepless Efforts to Achieve":-) **

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply