Installation Error: Database ReportServer does not exist

• I am banging my head against the wall, and appreciate any help you can offer. 

I am installing Reporting Services on a Windows 2003 server with SQL Server 2000 SP4,

MDAC 2.8, IIS 6.0 with ASP enabled, .NET Framework.I get the following error during

the installation process:"SQL Setup failed to execute a command for server configuration. 

The error was: Database 'ReportServer' does not exist.  Check sysdatabases.Refer to the

Server error logs and setup logs for detailed error information."After clicking "OK", I

see a general error message with the following at the bottom:"Error Code: 1603"I read the

MS article on 1603 error resolution, and think i have everything in place, but still I get

the error.HELP PLEASE!!!  Thanks in advance.

• Never mind.  I found the problem.  Very obscure issue that I found in the logs.  I had a user defined function in the model database because we use it in all our databases.  Apparently the reporting services database uses a different collation that conflicted with the user defined function's collation and therefore it couldn't create the two databases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply