Installation error - cannot create ReportServer.mdf

• Hi,

I get an error almost end of the set up completion.

SQL Setup failed to execute a comman for server configuration. The error was. Database 'Report Server' does not exisit. Check sysdatabases.

I looked at the set up error log and following is the error message of that:

Device activation error. The physical file name '\ReportServer.mdf' maybe incorrect.

Any clues please

Thank you,

Rushdi Basir

• For some reason, it looks like the data file for the ReportServer database could not be created in SQL Server.

This could be because the server ran out of space, or you might lack permissions, or the SQL Server crapped out for some other reason.

I would suggest checking the logs further, and seeing if either of my suggestions apply - then doing a reboot of the SQL Server box, and trying again.

• Hi,

I was able to install the databases (ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB) on a another SQL Server. It could have been the reason that the original server I was intended to install had the Reporting Services beta version in it. I still got the error though after cleaning up the old installations.

Right now, the report server DB sits on one server and the IIS components (including the Reporting Services program) are on a another server. Is this split ok?

Thanks,

Rushdi Basir

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply