Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows 10

• Hello,
    Need to install SQL 2000 on Windows 10, and getting the following error on running set up, any advice, Please point to me to a right direction.
    Thanks for your time, Very much appreciated of your help and suggestions. Thanks.
    ========================================================
    Setup initialization error.,sqlsut.dll
    Target: 'C:\DOCUME~1\AMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\SqlSetup\Bin\sqlsut.dll'
    ========================================================

• You can't. Create virtual machine with supported by MSSQL 2000 OS, it will be Windows 2003 for (MSSQL 2000 SP3) and install there.

• Thank you e4d4, very much appreciated of your help & support.

• I have to ask by WHY do you want to install SQL Server 2000? It hasn't been supported for a very long time. You should really be using more recent technology. Plus, using Windows 2003 server, or a similar dated OS, is just making the problem worse.

For example, none of these services/OS's would have been patched against Spectre or Meltdown, and I'm sure there are other similar vulnerabilities that still exist on those old editions as well. Using something like as old as that brings huge security flaws into the mix.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hello Thom,
    I totally agree to your comments, I am working with customer having still SQL 2000/ 7 as well, Working hard to migrate them. Meanwhile need to support, Thanks for your comments and thoughts.

Only your fingers NOT able to co-operate faster enough to your speedy brain 🙂 🙂
    Thanks for your time, Very much appreciated.

• To install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Client Tools, do the following steps:

• Insert the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition CD and click SQL Server 2000 Components.
    • Click Install Database Server.
    • The Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition setup begins. The InstallShield guides you through the installation. Follow the instructions in the windows. Click Next.
    • From the Welcome window, read the information and click Next.
    • From the Computer Name window, click Local Computer and click Next.
    • From the Installation Selection window, click Create a new instance of SQL Server, or install Client Tools. Click Next.
    • From the User Information window, type your name and company. Click Next.
    • From the Software License Agreement window, read the license information. You must accept the license agreement to continue the installation. Click Yes.
    • From the Installation Definition window, click Client Tools Only. Click Next.
    • From the Setup window, type your CD key information and click OK.
    • Your product ID is displayed in the second setup window.
    • Follow the instructions and click OK to continue.
    • From the Setup Type window, click Next to accept the default values.
    • From the Select Components window, click Next to accept the default values.
    • When the Start Copying Files window opens, click Next to continue with the installation.
    • If you want to change any parameters, click Back. When you click Back, selections reset back to their default values. If you click
    • Back at any time during the installation, make sure you reselect the values you wanted before clicking Next.
    • Click Finish on the Setup Complete window.

Disabling Selected SQL Server 2000 Query Analyzer Options

Certain SQL Server Query Analyzer options must be manually disabled in SQL Server 2000 for every Windows(R) account that is used to run the Query Analyzer tool.

To disable these options, do the following steps:

1. Start the SQL Server 2000 Query Analyzer. Click Start -> Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server -> Query Analyzer.
    2. In the Connect to SQL Server window, enter the database server name in the SQL Server field. Leave the Start SQL Server if it is stopped check box clear. Type your password. Click OK.
    3. From the Query Analyzer window, click Tools -> Options.
    4. Click the Connection Properties tab.
    5. Make sure the only check box selected is Set arithabort. (Clear the Set concat_null_yields_null check box and the Set ansi_defaults check box. Make sure this clears all seven check boxes underneath it).
    6. Click Apply, then OK to close the window.
    7. Close the Enterprise Manager and SQL Server Query Analyzer applications.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

• Apart from none of that will work on Windows 10, Rachel; SQL Server 2000 cannot be run on Windows 10. Windows 10 wasn't even a glint in Microsoft's eye when SQL Server 2000 came out.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply