install query analyzer only

• I have a developer in a far off locale in the world, with a small network connection to him. We want to get him a tool to query the db, but dont want to ship an entire cd of SQL Server 2000, or an iso.

How can i get him what he needs to only install the query analyzer? and necessary portions of tools to make that work.

I have never been asked this. I have always had a CD i could pop in and install from. But in this individuals remote location, its not as easy, i am told.

any ideas?

• Get them to download SQL Server 2005 Express Edition and use the management tools that come with it to connect to your 2000 DB. I think you can even download just the management tools and not the database.

• I have come across one link

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/sql-server-2000.html

Never tried, you can give a try and check it this works

• Since they only need something to run queries - there are several low cost (and free) utilities available.

I prefer either Toad from Quest or DbVisualizer, but there is also WinSQL and others.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply