Inserting Data Into Table Variable from Extended Stored Procedure

• Hello Everyone

Hope that your day is going well.

I have an extended stored procedure, I can fire it off and it does return data, but not from a table. I am not able to open it to determine that. I think the data is coming from a dll file.

Is there a way to fire off the extended sproc and insert the results into table variable, or even a temp table. I just need to verify a the values of a couple columns.

Thank you in advance

Andrew SQLDBA

• AndrewSQLDBA (8/4/2010)

I have an extended stored procedure, I can fire it off and it does return data, but not from a table. I am not able to open it to determine that. I think the data is coming from a dll file.

Is there a way to fire off the extended sproc and insert the results into table variable, or even a temp table. I just need to verify a the values of a couple columns.

Sure, try this - please customize to your needs...

insertinto dbo.#YourTable exec master..xp_YourXP

Hope this helps.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • Thanks Paul

I was trying to use a Table Variable, and it was not working. Using a temp table worked perfect

Thanks

Andrew SQLDBA

• I tried the below statement and it is working fine:

Declare @Tbl table (uname varchar(50), type varchar(10), privlege varchar(10), lname varchar(50), path varchar(10))

Insert into @Tbl exec master..xp_logininfo

Select * from @Tbl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply