insert value generate special character => xml file contains bulgare language !

• Hi,

i'm a beginner with t sql.

I have a web page where the user can select the language (FR, EN, BG, ...) in a drop down list.

Next to the drop down list there is a text box where user can type the some text (translation).

User can add several description

On my web page, i have a button this button collect all information create an xml file and save all in database (sql server 2008)

that's work fine for some language => FR, EN and so on

But for bulgarian (bulgare) and greece there are some problem...

Some characters when i display it in sql look like => ???s??. ? d??ta?? a?t?

The value encoded by the user is => Ένωσης. Η διάταξη αυτή

but the result after t sql xpath is => ???s??. ? d??ta?? a?t?

I don't know what i can do for to resolve this problem ...

Any idea ?

here is it my sql code where you can find my temporary table and my xml file and my xpath query

declare @tblTranslation table (idDocID int, languageID varchar(10), value varchar(500))

declare @Translations XML

set @Translations = '<?xml version="1.0" ?><Items><Item><eleKey>EN</eleKey><eleValue>This is a test</eleValue></Item><Item><eleKey>FR</eleKey><eleValue>test</eleValue></Item><Item><eleKey>BG</eleKey><eleValue>Ένωσης. Η διάταξη αυτή</eleValue></Item><Item><eleKey>HR</eleKey><eleValue></eleValue></Item><Item><eleKey>RO</eleKey><eleValue></eleValue></Item></Items>'

-- 2) fill the temporary table with information from the xml file

INSERT INTO @tblTranslation(idDocID, languageID, value)

SELECT

, Convert(nvarchar(max), i.query('eleKey/text()')) as colKey

, Convert(nvarchar(max), i.query('eleValue/text()')) as colValue

--

FROM @translations.nodes('/Items/Item') as x(i)

SELECT * FROM @tblTranslation

Thanks for your time and your sample

Christophe

• For the characters in your example you need to use the data-type "Nvarchar" rather than "varchar".

This would apply to the column definition in the table, and any parameters in stored procedures etc.

Mike John

• Hi,

thanks a lot that's work fine ..

thanks thanks you can't imagine i've try to find a solution about this problem while some hours ..

have a nice day

christophe

• Glad to know it sorted the problem - thanks for coming back.

Mike John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply