INSERT INTO

• Ninja's_RGR'us (9/26/2011)

. . . Apparently people like learning, but love complaining more :-D.

There are only a few things that are more satisfying than a well-justified grudge. 🙂

SanDroid (9/26/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (9/26/2011)

SanDroid (9/26/2011)

LOL... This has to be the longest running QOTD discussion ever.

Getting there... mine had over 110 iirc.

Actually it's 201!

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1144668-1198-1.aspx

I remeber that one well, but in that one you said up front in the initial QOTD author post that this was an uncommon question that you expected a lot of Backlash Posts over.

Sh*t happens. The question wasn't designed especially for that, but I expected it.

This one is just a small typo by Steve... and it keeps on going.

Apparently people like learning, but love complaining more :-D.

Or something else is happening. From reading some of the comments either they are seeing the question as it was before Steve Corrected it, or they are just reposting previous complaints comments instead of thier own.

• Revenant (9/26/2011)

. . . Apparently people like learning, but love complaining more :-D.

There are only a few things that are more satisfying than a well-justified grudge. 🙂

Wow... you always make me laugh.

Every sentence I utter must be understood not as an affirmation, but as a question.

Niels Bohr

• SanDroid (9/26/2011)

SanDroid (9/26/2011)

SanDroid (9/26/2011)

Actually it's 201!

I remeber that one well, but in that one you said up front in the initial QOTD author post that this was an uncommon question that you expected a lot of Backlash Posts over.

Sh*t happens. The question wasn't designed especially for that, but I expected it.

Or something else is happening. From reading some of the comments either they are seeing the question as it was before Steve Corrected it, or they are just reposting previous complaints comments instead of thier own.

It happens a lot, especially on the 2 days of the newsletter because you can't edit those e-mails. But it "should" get better... especially after that long!

SanDroid (9/26/2011)

SanDroid (9/26/2011)

SanDroid (9/26/2011)

Actually it's 201!

It happens a lot, especially on the 2 days of the newsletter because you can't edit those e-mails. But it "should" get better... especially after that long!

I know. I think I tried to bring this up once when answering old QOTD's. That the corrected question was not what was seen during the initial answer. Somebody blew me off misinterpeted that post as being a dig against Steve. 😉 :hehe:

• Who's the moron who did that... let me complain to Steve about him on your behalf! 😀

Who's the moron who did that... let me complain to Steve about him on your behalf! 😀

<laughing to hard to type> k </laughing to hard to type> 😛

• Sh*t happens. The question wasn't designed especially for that, but I expected it.

Apparently people like learning, but love complaining more .

It is not the complaining, it is the fact that they do NOT read the previous posts on this forum, where the error was explained. But then again maybe you are correct

love complaining more

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• bitbucket-25253 (9/26/2011)

Apparently people like learning, but love complaining more .

It is not the complaining, it is the fact that they do NOT read the previous posts on this forum, where the error was explained. But then again maybe you are correct

love complaining more

That calls for a split test :-D. Let me see what kind of question I can come up with...

• Oh dear. I got it right, but the answer said I got it wrong!

Incidentally, I'm running the dinosaur that is SQL Server 2005 and so I had to modify the syntax to check my answer. SQL2005 does not allow comma delimited sets of 'VALUES' so I had to adjust them to 'UNION'ed selects.

• Definitely second statement will return count 1, i was bit surprised by the count 1 option is not in the answers list. 🙂

• I agree with the people above...How can you support an incorrect answer for so long..pls fix it and give me 2 points

• as there were no option 2 for second insert in possible answer list i thought there were a typo and report the first insert list in second example but not grouped.

I was right and got the 2 points

• Yes.

• I am agree the correct answer is count=1; the inserts in the first table and the second table have not the same values

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply