INSERT INTO

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item INSERT INTO

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• I couldn't find 1 as the correct answer for the second SELECT so I chose the four options below:

- Insert into table dbo.cuss1 generates an error msg

- Insert into table dbo.cuss2 generates an error msg

- Insert into table dbo.cuss2 does NOT generate an error msg (the first INSERT statement doesn't generate any errors)

- First select statement returns a count of 0

So my answer should be right, right?

Can I have my two points back please? 😛

Best regards,

Best regards,

Andre Guerreiro Neto

Database Analyst
    http://www.softplan.com.br
    MCITPx1/MCTSx2/MCSE/MCSA

• codebyo (9/13/2011)

I chose the four options below:

- Insert into table dbo.cuss1 generates an error msg

- Insert into table dbo.cuss2 generates an error msg

- Insert into table dbo.cuss2 does NOT generate an error msg (the first INSERT statement doesn't generate any errors)

- First select statement returns a count of 0

So my answer should be right, right?

This was my answer, too 😀

The result of the second select statement is neither 0 nor 2 🙂

• Hi,

The 2nd Select Stmt will return the value 1, Then how the value 2 is the answer for this question??

• :angry:I AGREE for second select statement count is 1

• Bit of typos there i think and as such a really hard question to answer. The hard part trying to figure out what the author wanted to demonstrate. In this case i guess the difference between the old insert into vs the 2008 version. So from that point of view a good question. But the wording of the answers and the typos in the question are probably going to create some nerdrage 😀

/T

• Wrong variants for answers. Correct answer is "second selection returns 1"

• Hello,

The second select return a count = 1 !!!!!

thanks

• The second table is inserted with "1"s in all 3 statements, and with PK set, only 1 row is going to be inserted, and which is not an option in the selectable answer list, neither 2 is there in the insert statements (thinking there has been a typo error).

• The second select statement will return 1, as it will fail only after 1st insert statemnt of dbo.cuss2.

• Like all the others I knew what the question was trying to demonstrate but the answer was incorrect as second select statement returns 1 and not 2. Should really test any code that you put forward for QOD I am sure you would test any code before you put it into any environment!!!

• The second select statement will return 1, as it will fail only after 1st insert statemnt of dbo.cuss2.

Yes, It's true. The Answer is wrong.

• Yes, hopefully admins would see into this. and rectify accordingly. :unsure::sick:

• Thanks, good question.

It nicely highlights the difference between the two insert statements.

I appreciate the time & effort you took with the question

• Unfortunately, the editor to contribute with a question, sometime, changes the text both in the question and more often in the explanation. Yesterday, the explanation of "Unary & Aliases" was victim of this change. I think because of GREAT and LESS sign that are misinterpreted as html syntax.

But today, I want back my points. The possible answeres were three.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply