Insert

• Can anybody help me in insert statement:

I have a table say table 1 which has many columns but out of these one column say Tid is null and all other columns has records in it.

I do have another table2 which has column pid.

I am trying to get the records from column pid table2 and insert it into Tid in table1

. How can i do it?

Urgent please help me out...

Thanks..

• Beginner_2008 (9/14/2011)

Can anybody help me in insert statement:

I have a table say table 1 which has many columns but out of these one column say Tid is null and all other columns has records in it.

I do have another table2 which has column pid.

I am trying to get the records from column pid table2 and insert it into Tid in table1

. How can i do it?

Urgent please help me out...

Thanks..

Awful thin on the details...

you have to be able to establish some sort of relationship between the two tables. without that information, it's a crapshoot.

syntax wise, it goes something like this: i took a lot of liberties ont eh assumptions.

UPDATE TABLE1

SET TABLE1.PID = TABLE2.TID

FROM TABLE2

WHERE TABLE1.CONTACTTBLKEY=TABLE2.CONTACTTBLKEY

AND TABLE1.PID IS NULL

AND TABLE2.TID IS NOT NULL

AND STATE = 'FL'

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thanks,

I used export and import wizard . but it was urgent in the time..

• Thanks for the information.

• CELKO (9/15/2011)

Rows are not records; records are not values it is a HUGE difference that you will nee to learn. Please post DDL and not a vague, useless narration (can you program from this??!! Me neither.).

My guess is that you want a MERGE statement ...

I call rows - records, and genuinely believe that records can contain values. I don't see ANY difference and i have no urge to learn it.:-P

Questions better to be posted with accordance to forum etiquette which you can read about if you click the link at the bottom of my signature.

So my guess is:

Follow the above advise and you will get relevant help!

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply