Initializing a Transactional Subscription Without a Snapshot

• Hi Roy here again,

Now I would to like an one question very important about performance.

Replication create variuos jobs but i have two very, very important.

Log Reader Agent and Distribution Agent.

Which of these two agent beat him stronger to my server, remember that I have published and distributor in the same box and in the same instance of sql server 2005 32bit 8GB?.

Thanks!!

• When you have both the Log reader and distributor on your the same box, you will see a performance impact. It is not THAT heavy but it will still have a load.

Which of these agents will have more impact, I cannot say. It depends. It depends on how busy your publisher ad subscribers are doing. Having two multiple DB on the same server will IO performance hit if it is sharing the same IO subsystem. This one, I cannot give you an answer. You will have to monitor it.

-Roy

• thanks roy again...

• Hi Roy,

I have another question. After I use "initializing a subscription With A backup", but drop a table that I thought would not be used at the subscriber now need!!. I can add a new article to add the table now I need?

Please tell me what steps I use.

• I have never tried doing that. You probaly will have to populate the table by yourself. BCP OUT and BCP IN. But below is the way you add an article to an existing publication.

use DBName

go

sp_addarticle

@publication='Name',

@article='TableName',

@Source_object='TableName',

@pre_creation_cmd = N'Truncate',

@destination_table='TableName'

go

sp_refreshSubscriptions @publication='Name'

exec sp_reinitsubscription

@publication = 'name',

@article = 'TableName',

@for_schema_change = 1,

@subscriber = 'all'

Then manually start the Snapshot Agent

-Roy

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply