Initial SQL Server Configuration is not working.

• I'm working with Server 2008 R2 which has just been installed. I'm new to everything administrative, so this might be a straightforward problem.

I've reached the point in the installation of SQL Server 2008 R2 where it is requesting that I create Service Accounts. In order to get started with SharePoint, I'm really only attempting the bare minimum here.

The SQL Server Agent service's error message states, "The credentials you gave are invalid. To proceed, enter a valid account and password."

The Analysis Services service also gives me this issue. Could someone please explain what this means and how I can go about installing it?

Following some research, I discovered that the problem might be caused by the fact that I was logged in as a local administrator. I, therefore, created a different user in Users via Computer Management, and the problem still persists.

• Firstly, why are you using out of date technology?

You should be running supported versions of the products, to which Server 2008R2 and SQL 2008R2 are now massively out of support.

I would then hazard a guess that your SharePoint version is relatively old also and out of support.

The only version of SQL I would recommend for a new build now is SQL 2019 due to SQL 2017 going into extended support in the coming months.

Are you using domain based service accounts or local based service accounts?

If they are domain based, you must login as a domain user.

If they are local based you must login as a local user.

• Thanks, @antigreen will consider your advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply