India

• I am going to put an end of my post.  Steve, if you can , please delete this post.

I tried to be diplomatic, I tried not to offend anyone.  But obviously it is not working. I am sorry I even put up this post. 

• I have just received this note: 

“Dear Farlly, you and your Family is very nice.  Thanks for having us for dinner last night.  Your house is very nice   we loved it.  You are a good neabeir. 

From Brook, Lauren, Jasmin” 

These are the young girls of our neighborhood and this was a wonderful note to receive!  I do not remember eating them though…, (one would think one would remember such a thing…).   

Long and short, I have and I have been misquoted or misread on this site before.  When I do it, I try to apologize for my ignorance; as do most others I see writing here.  When it happens to me, I try and defend myself, (again, as do others). 

BUT!  That is one of the pitfalls of having such a wonderful forum.  We CAN discuss and argue points.  We can change each others perceptions and on occasion, simply agree not to agree.  This area of this forum is one of my favorite places to get my mind out of my work and discuss things that are generally “out of bounds”.  You will encounter numerous “uproars” throughout life and I for one am glad that Steve provides us with a source to vent!  (Can I get a free shirt now, too?)   

This was extremely instructive to read.  People who were offended and those who defended the meaning of the original post gives great insight as to how to couch your argument – it is just as important “how” you say something as “what” you are saying!  I need to follow that advice more closely.   

I hope this will not keep others shying away from “difficult” issues as well as allowing others the opportunity to understand other’s perceptions, (even if there is a language barrier…). 

Outsourcing is common discussion in our industry and I am as guilty as anyone of being an American-centric individual, (i.e., viewing the entire world as if America was the center of it) so this helps give me great insight into others viewpoints and perceptions.   

Thank you all! 

I wasn't born stupid - I had to study.

• Fallen Angel,

I am not harsh on responding to any one , but you have driven people crazy with your absurdity.

but here is the copy/paste of your thread,

Now I am not saying anything but let others read your lines again.

1. I just want to know how many of your    

company has outsourcing to India?

2. Do they do a good job? 

How many Indian is working in your company right now? 

3. First of all, I have to come in early for the meeting because of the time difference.

4.  I have to learn to listen to their 'Engrish' when talking to them on the phone. 

5.  I write the specification for them to work on, then I have to check their work,

5. 99% of the time are wrong, in order to save time, I redo it myself.  So I am doing three times the work.

6. I walk in my company and half of the population are Indian (some are from India, coming here for training.)

7 I was warned to be careful because they can say I am a racist and I would be fired on the spot or they can even take me to court.

Can anyone say it was your anger against  company, its for sure against INDIANS. 

I request moderator to stop this and we do not want diplomatic version of fallen angel which by all mean is useless.

One right thing you have done choosing your name here.

Kindest Regards,

Sameer Raval [Sql Server DBA]
    Geico Insurance
    RavalSameer@hotmail.com

• "I request moderator to stop this and we do not want diplomatic version of fallen angel which by all mean it is useless. "

Sammeer, you are just as bad as Fallen on the "how" and the "what", take more time to read what you write please before posting.  I'm no OED, but pretty good at scrabble; The sentence structure needs some work.

And I wasnt driven crazy by her post, I was just born into a crazy world without enough forewarning.

But Sameer here have a pez dispenser on me.

• My last post:

Sameer Raval : I simply posted a few questions about outsourcing and I was not attacking anyone so I did not think I was driving people crazy except you.  I just posted some of my feelings and difficulities working offshore, that's all.   At least in one of the post I admitted Chinese was not the best.  I worked with some Chinese developers before, some were good and some were not good. Actually in China, they had so many problems (political and social), they don't even allow family to have more than 1 child. That is part of the reason why I came to America.   What is your excuse?  Do you actually think all 'Indian' developers are the best developers in the world?  At least India is not communist, you are free to talk and express your opinion.

A good computer developer has nothing to do with their native country or the color of their skin.

I posted the questions about outsourcing and you went crazy.  How can you be a good developer and listen to your user about their problem?  Your company must be the 'best' company and your users must be the most understanding users. How lucky you are !!!  Some of my users asked 'absurd' requests and I had to due with them.  My company asked for 'absurd' deadline and I had to due with them.

My brother went to India to help Mother Teresa's organization, he worked in the orphanage.  If you asked him about his impression about India, you probably would jump up to the roof.  However at least I know one Chinese went to India to help the Indian orphans.  How many Indians do you know to go to China to help out Chinese orphans?

I am not trying to start the third world war again.  I asked to remove this post but no one in SQLServerCentral did anything and even answered my email.  However I could not help to post again because your post.  Go and tell Andy and Steve again to delete my post and cancel my membership. 

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply