Indexes and DTS

• Hello gurus

I have a package that transforms many tables from one database to another. It drops the indexes first and when the transforms are done it recreates the indexes.

We had a mishap where the destination database disappeared and I had to recreate the database and restore it from a backup.  Now the create indexes is taking about a third longer than it use it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Hiya,

Sounds like a good one! Did you restore the database to the same drive as it lived on before... just eliminating the hardware from the equation?

Mike

• Yep sure did but I think I figured it out.  The database is much larger than usual.  I have an alert that checks the threshold on this database and I had the threshold set to 30gb and its over 63gb.  I have to speak with our reporting department since its on the reporting server so that they can take a look to see if there is anything there that shouldnt be

Thanks

• Actually.  I didnt realize that the data file was still there when I restored the database so the data filed doubled in size.  is there a way to shrink the data file without causing any more grief.  Or will i have to restore the database all over again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply