indexed view in sql server but i don't have a primary key

• hi,

i'm trying to work with full text search , i have create a view , but unfortunately , the view doesn't have a column which have a non duplicate data to use it for creating the "unique clustered index".

anyone have any idea. thx in advance

• h2sh (10/3/2014)

hi,

i'm trying to work with full text search , i have create a view , but unfortunately , the view doesn't have a column which have a non duplicate data to use it for creating the "unique clustered index".

anyone have any idea. thx in advance

Quick question, do you have a combination of columns that form a unique key? If not I would suggest a redesign.

😎

• thx for your quick replay.

Even if i have a combination of columns that form a unique key , this will not help me because to work with full text search you should have a "unique" column which form a unique key.

i will give you an example : i have 3 tables : Content , music and track. the tables content Can have multiples track , and also multiples music .track can have only one content and music also can have only one content.

if you create a view for these tables you will never have a column that form a unique key

i have to work with full text search . what i should do ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply