Incremental Package Deployment – A SSIS 2016 Feature

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Incremental Package Deployment – A SSIS 2016 Feature

• thanks. But I wouldn't consider this incremental. May be "individual package deployment". 
    Incremental would be something where we (or the program) can identified the diff and deploy only the packages which are changed.

• Hi, I have a problem with this package deployment method. When you set de "entrypoint package" off and you do a package deployment, the flag is not taken to the catalog. So we still need to use project deployment to get these flags to the catalog. Our processing depends on these flags. Is this resolved in future versions like 2019 ? (Those "entrypoint  pakage" flags are kept in the project file of the solution)

• We can't use it either. We have an generic file loader, that searchs in the directories for new files and calls the fitting package to load the file. The (sub)package does the load job returns user variables (number of rows etc.) to the parent (the generic loader) who writes this into some logging tables. Saddly the return-a-variable-stuff does not work when we deploy just the single package...

God is real, unless declared integer.

• Does anyone know of a way to only deploy a single package between 2 SSIS Catalogs -- NOT using Visual Studio's package deployment feature.  I want the version of the package from my QA/UAT environment (which I know has been tested) so I can deploy that to my PROD environment.

Thanks.

• mitchfields wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to only deploy a single package between 2 SSIS Catalogs -- NOT using Visual Studio's package deployment feature.  I want the version of the package from my QA/UAT environment (which I know has been tested) so I can deploy that to my PROD environment.

Thanks.

Deploying the package directly from source control would be the usual way of doing this.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply