Incorrect server name

• When connecting to SQL Server I sometimes get a connection failure and the following dialog which contains a server name that doesn't exist. Where is this server name stored and how can I get rid of it or change it to the correct default?

• Where did this dialog come from?   What program are you using that popped it up?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Standing in the gap between Consultant and ContractorKevin3NFDallasDBAs.com/BlogWhy is my SQL Log File HUGE?!?![/url]The future of the DBA role...[/url]SQL Security Model in Plain English[/url]

• Kevin3NF - Monday, August 14, 2017 7:13 AM

Where did this dialog come from?   What program are you using that popped it up?

I'm simply attempting to open an SQL Server table from an application that I programmed.  This dialog is NOT in my program nor is it contained in the language that I'm using so it must be coming from either Windows or SQL Server.

• rlworsley - Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:04 PM

I'm simply attempting to open an SQL Server table from an application that I programmed.  This dialog is NOT in my program nor is it contained in the language that I'm using so it must be coming from either Windows or SQL Server.

How did you code the application connection to SQL Server? And how does your application work to select the server to connect to? What was the programming language used? We would need to know the details of that to help you figure out where the server names come from in that drop down. SQL Server doesn't have some automatic thing to do that with any application connected and I'm not aware of any windows feature that would do this.
    You may be calling some built in feature, function in your application that displays the dialog box.

Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply