Incorrect parameter error when opening pkg

• I'm getting a error that says "Error Description: The parameter is incorrect" when I try to open one of my DTS packages. What's going on?

• Have you change anything recently that would be referenced in the package? Maybe you create a connection to the server on one machine when package saved but are now opening on a machine where the reference would be different, it is those types of things that I usually see this on.

• I haven't made any connection changes. However if someone opened the pkg from a workstation other than the orginal workstation that saved the pkg would that mess anything up?

• It might, especially if the package was built in SQL 7 with less than SP3 I believe installed and the other user was using SQL 2000 EM with less than SP2 and not saving with SQL 7 encryption. The encryption are different and will cause an error, but I thought it was something to the effect of "Package not found" or "Could not read package".

Another possiblity is if the person opening changed connection information then saved.

Finally, could be as simple as you made a change to a table but I don't recall this happening as the error, just stated transformation invalid.

You might also try the MS support site Knowledge Base looking for search criteria

"The parameter is incorrect" AND DTS

to see if any results match your setup and the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply