In search of SQL Server Statistical Reporting Tool

• Hi there

I have several SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 database servers and I need to find a tool to automate the monitoring and reporting of statistical information. I'm looking for an application where I can register a number of SQL servers and have it produce a report or raise an alarm when a metric exceeds a certain value.

An example of the sort of information I'm looking to collect is: data and log file growth, locking, table scans, memory usage.

While it's easy enough to do get this information manually, the number of servers I'm becoming responsible for is growing exponentially.

Thanks.

• It should be easy enough to build something yourself in Reporting Services/Notification Services.

If not, RedGate has a beta product called SQL Response that might fit your need. Check it out.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• There are several products out there that are designed to help manage SQL Servers. You can check out RedGate, Idera, SQLSentry, SYmantec has its i3 product.

Have you looked at MOM (Microsoft Operations Manager)? Here is a link to a decent article about using it for SQL Server: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Operations+Manager/63041/. I think Operations Manager can will do what you want.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply