Importing existing SSRS reports into BIDS

• I'm new to SSRS 2008 R2. I have been using Report Builder 3.0 to design my reports with no problems (except that I hate the RB3 interface), and I want to start using BIDS.

I got BIDS installed fine. I created a new project and connected it to my SSRS server, no problem. Created a new report and deployed it to the SSRS server, worked great.

So the configuration looks like it is fine, but I cannot find any information on importing all the shared datasets, reports, report parts, etc. on the SSRS server into my BIDS project.

Surely there is a way to do this without going into each shared SSRS object, saving to my local machine, and then adding it to my BIDS project as an existing file....right? (crosses fingers, hopes for simple solution).

I have over 50 datasets and report parts, so I'm really hoping for some sort of bulk-import feature.....

Thanks!

• I'm not sure what your asking, but you can add multiple existing items at one time. You'll just have to do it separately for datasources, or reports. Just ctrl or shift click to multiple select the items you are trying to add to your project.

• Sorry, I wasn't being clear. What I guess I need is some means of exporting all the shared datasets, reports, etc. from SSRS at once so I can then use the method you describe to import them into my BIDS project.

I'm trying to avoid going into the Report Manager, individually selecting each of the SSRS objects, clicking download, and saving it into my BIDS project folder.

Is there any way to export from SSRS all the shared datasets, reports, report parts en masse? Or better yet, is there any way to import them directly from the SSRS server right into my BIDS project?

• That did it, good 'ol PowerShell! Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply