Import/Export SQL Server 2012

• Hi I am trying to import data into a database table in sql server 2012 from a csv flat file and I keep getting the below error even if I ignore the table the process is complaining about. Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestion for a resolution will be appreciated. See below:

• Here is the actual error message:
    'Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "Parent Name" returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page".

FYI - The datatype for the column the process is complaining about is a 'varchar(max).

• And how, exactly, was your package configured for the File connection manager?   Also, does your data perhaps contain CR/LF in the middle of that blob data ?

EDIT:  Or any other delimiter for a column, based on that file connection manager?

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• I have the row delimiter set to "CR/LF" and the column delimiter set to a "Comma".

• Thank you for your response - forgot to add that.

• This is caused by the flat file connection manager definition of the column being too short. Open the Package/Project in SSDT and Open the Flat File Connection Manger and select Advanced and change the InputColumnWidth and OutputColumnWidth Properties.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply