import wizard (from .accdb) Exception from HRESULT: 0xC02020E8

• Hello,

My first time to import .accdb database using the import wizard in SQL2012, I tried choosing Microsoft Access (Microsoft Access Database Engine) and Microsoft Office 15.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Pro, test connection passed. Preview is fine. Got error when execute at step of Setting Source Connection:

===================================

Could not connect source component.

Error 0xc0202009: Source - Alert Subscriptions [1]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E37.

Error 0xc02020e8: Source - Alert Subscriptions [1]: Opening a rowset for "`Alert Subscriptions`" failed. Check that the object exists in the database.

(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

===================================

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC02020E8 (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

------------------------------

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.CManagedComponentWrapperClass.ReinitializeMetaData()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsWizard.Execute.SetSourceConnection(Exception& ex, TransformInfo ti)

Did some googlings with no clue, can anyone help me sort it out? Thank you very much.

• Perhaps an import wizard bug

See section "the automatic generated sql have single quote on table name, which cause error message"

• Jo Pattyn (11/15/2016)

Perhaps an import wizard bug

See section "the automatic generated sql have single quote on table name, which cause error message"

Thank you but are you pasting the right link? I don't see section: the automatic generated sql have single quote on table name, which cause error message

• The title is SSIS error on access import.

The last answer has currently 3 votes and starts with There is import wizard bug, when you select 'copy data from one or more table...'

• Thank you Jo for the workaround.

Do you know if there is a way to save the package to run later? I am thinking if the package can be saved as a script, it makes my life easier to modify the tables' name from there.

Thanks.

• I don't have much experience with the import/export wizard, but this link from MS mentions a save dialog box

• halifaxdal (11/15/2016)

Thank you Jo for the workaround.

Do you know if there is a way to save the package to run later? I am thinking if the package can be saved as a script, it makes my life easier to modify the tables' name from there.

Thanks.

Before running the package, one of your options is to save the process in a dtsx file (for SSIS). You will have Run Immediately and another option (this one). This is not available if you are running Express.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply