Import Excel to SQL Server

• Hi All,

We have an excel file which changes every week.Weekly data will be added to each column in excel every week. I am trying to load the data to SQL server.How can I automate this process.

for eg

previous week : w1,w2

now : w1,w2,w3

next week : w1,w2,w3,w4

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

Demin

• demin99 (11/26/2015)

Hi All,

We have an excel file which changes every week.Weekly data will be added to each column in excel every week. I am trying to load the data to SQL server.How can I automate this process.

for eg

previous week : w1,w2

now : w1,w2,w3

next week : w1,w2,w3,w4

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks,

Demin

What is the format of the table(s) into which you are importing the data?

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Sorry not clear with the ask here . Please clarify if you want to just pull the delta each week or the whole sheet ? I am sorry we need to provide the issue which you are facing so that we can try and help .

All the best .

• Since EXCEL sheet update event should trigger data export into SQL server it's quite natural to automate the task at the EXCEL side with VBA script.

Provide more details if more help is needed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply