Import Email attachment from Exchange

• Hi all,

Each day I receive an email from a number of different sources, these all have a csv file attachment. I need to be able to import these automatically at a certain time each day.

I already have a SSIS package that will update my tables with the new data using an import from a network location. Instead of having to save these files from the email to a network location, then run the import package, I'd like the package to import the attachments directly from the Outlook exchange server. This way I can schedule the package to do everything with no manual file saving.

Can I setup a task to import attachments from a particular email address? With a certain subject heading?

I'm guessing this will some kind of script task.

Thanks in advance

• Any luck getting that to work. I'm about to attempt something almost identical and would like to know how it turned out. Currently, the only idea has been to forward the emails to a public drive and work on them from there.

Also, what method did you use within SSIS to pull out the attachment from the email?

Keith Wiggans

• kwiggans (12/8/2009)

Any luck getting that to work. I'm about to attempt something almost identical and would like to know how it turned out. Currently, the only idea has been to forward the emails to a public drive and work on them from there.

Also, what method did you use within SSIS to pull out the attachment from the email?

If you can use third-party solutions, check the commercial CozyRoc Receive Mail Task. It supports both POP3 and IMAP for connecting to mail server.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply