Import data from REST API using SSIS

• Dear,

Our company uses third party application for company expenses. For example, Webexpenses.

We have a requirement to import the data into our SQL Server DB for reporting.

Third party has given REST API.

How can I consume REST API from SSIS and import data?

Note: Our company said that they don't want to buy any third party connectors.

Is there a way to connect to Webexpenses using API and pull data into sql db?

Thanks in advance

• It is possible, and if you search for 'consume data in ssis from rest api' or similar, you will find numerous examples of this.

However, it might not be as straightforward as you would hope. But if you are comfortable in SSIS and C#, it should be perfectly doable.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Absolutely, I have done that a few times.

You can use a script task or a script component to consume the web service. Then you can either store the response as raw json in a database row and let SQL Server process the JSON. Or you can do the deserialization of the JSON in a script task or script component. If you want to do both in SSIS, I would probably recommend to use a script component.

Not knowing the web service and your network setup, I can't be more specific.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply