Implementing Jobs with linked server(Oracle)

• Hi, guys!, in my case I tried to use with Oracle (10g) through linked server from SQL Server 2000 SP3, I put a stored procedure inside a job (exec mysproc) with only 1 step.

I tried many times, and finally I have succeded executing the job, but only putting a windows account (win login) running with the Sql Server Agent, and the owner of the job with the same windows account (win login). Although I need a system account (sql login) to run with the agent service and the owner of the job with the system account too, but when I execute, the job fails, and the following error appears Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Access to the remote server is denied because no login-mapping exists. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7416). The step failed. I don't know why this happens

Please, help me. Thank you in advance

• Because oracle wants his login, you maybe able to impersonate, but as far as I know, oracle wants you to login.

hope it helps

"We never plan to Fail, We just fail to plan":)

• Yes, I know that Oracle use the own login, when I'm defining the linked server I put the local login and the remote login propertly, but does not work when I put a sql login as a owner of the job and running the sql server agent service with the same account, although with windows login works.

Help! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply