If You Had To Pick a Super Hero...

• I can't believe I get to be the first one with the RIGHT answer - The Tick!

And if you have to ask why, then I'm not telling....

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• I am and would always be "The Dark Knight" Batman. As Andy said using smarts and technology. The mask detective solves all problems with simple deduction. He is the modern day Sherlock Holmes. He does not seek credit, just justice. So from the darkness a hero arises but must play the role of the villan. Which is so true in our world of technology, we do not get the accolades, we're the tremendous cost center, but with our witts and technology we solve whatever jeopardy we encounter.

• Can I be the first person to be picky enough to point out that Batman isn't technically a superhero, since he possesses no superpowers? 🙂

• I would choose a hero from a 1981 TV show, The Greatest American Hero. This superhero was given a gift of a super-suit, but no instructions. He had to figure out what powers the suit provided and how to use and manage them.

I consider this a lot like my work as a SQL developer. Many times, I have to figure out how a DB was constructed without an entity-relationship diagram. I have to find the power within the database and learn how to best use it.

Just like the star hero, Bill, I find myself at times unwilling to play the "hero of the moment," but understand and accept the need that someone has to do it.

• blandry, you just won 100 Internets!

• For me, it would be Batman. Got yourself a self-made man, turned tragedy into something positive. Extreme intelligence, great use of technology (does the Bat-computer run SQL Server?), and isn't afraid to get down-n-dirty when it's called for.

And where DOES he get all those wonderful toys?

• I have to say Batman as well. He's rich, successful, a normal guy, but he goes out of his way to help others. Good karma.

If we are looking for super powers, then I'd have wanted to be Aquaman as a kid. Loved the ocean. Now I think I'd be looking to be Flash. never enough time in the day to get everything done.

• Your not the first and would be the last in this debate as to where I fit in...

• "Good question. Tough one though, I mean what does one guage his response on? Physical prowess, keen detection skills, the ability to banter well with super villians..."

If anyone knows what movie that's from, I'll be impressed. But now to my answers.

Marvel - Hulk. Pure, unbridled rage. That's how I feel most days dealing with vendors and others in the office. When they don't fully read my messages or are just a constant source of annoyance, I want nothing more than to hurl a Howitzer at them.

DC - Green Lantern all the way. It's the power of Will. The notion that I can accomplish anything as long as I put my full will behind it.

The distance between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

• My favorite has always been Green Lantern, even though I'll admit that I don't know nearly as much about the character as some of the more popular ones.

Just seemed he always wanted to do the right thing and always could find the power in himself to get it done.

Well, and my favorite color has always been green. LOL.

• I'm partial to Marvel's 'The Beast' myself. There's a bit of comedy to such an urbane persona lurking within that hulking frame.

@BrnBgls - It's from one of my least favorite Kevin Smith movies.

• srkrell (8/27/2010)

@BrnBgls - It's from one of my least favorite Kevin Smith movies.

Hear, hear! Although I have to admit liking the whole Magic Eye gag, since I've never been able to get them to work.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Doctor Strange! He’s got nifty rhymes as well and being able to capture all sorts of things in the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. And he’s got toys aplenty in his Sanctum Sanctorum. He’s battling mystic forces while the rest of us are unaware, what’s not to like?

From the DC universe, Green Lantern. Being unable to affect anything yellow and having an archenemy whose power is yellow makes for some interesting solutions to problems that you can’t just battle head on.

-- Kit

• I've been called Wonder Woman 🙂 by some of my coworkers... so that must fit me. :w00t:

I prefer the Linda Carter version from the '70s show rather than the comics version.

• I like the Dark Knight - a wealthy, stand-up guy who gets to play with cool technology. Knows when to bend the rules and just how far to bend them to get the job done. Just a normal human being who is constantly honing his skills and taking his share of lumps along the way. And just like with IT everyone seems to have a love\hate relationship with him. I'm reminded of the final lines from the movie:

Batman: You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

Gordon's Son: Batman? Batman! Why is he running, Dad?

Gordon: Because we have to chase him.

Gordon's Son: He didn't do anything wrong.

Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.

Kendal Van Dyke
    http://kendalvandyke.blogspot.com/[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply