identity column error in transactional replication with updatable subscription.

• I have setup transactional replication with updatable subscription with queued updating method. it has been working fine all these days.

There are some new rows added to below table in subscription database but it throws error which I am seeing in replication monitor

1) WSR

Error

the queue reader agent has encountered the error 'Explicit value must be specified for identity column in table "AlertArchive" either

when identity_insert is set to ON or when a replication user is inserting into a NOT for Replication identity column'

Failed while applying queued message to publisher (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL36046)

my problem is that if I see alertarchive table at both publisher and subscriber all records are matching with all column values and there is nothing I can see which causes above error

Please guide me as to how to resolve above error as due to this my other table wsr is not being updated at publisher.

Please help ASAP.

• Guys,

I have resolved this issue by doing following things

1) There was a trigger on AlertArchive table which was not set for not for replication, once I modified that trigger with not for replication. it worked fine.

• Hi,

I know its been a few months since you had this issue but how did you go about finding that the problem was due to a trigger? I have exactly the same issue but dont have any triggers on the table at all. Ive had this replication job running for 2 years without a single issue but this is driving me mad now. The rest of the inserts are still going through but im getting this problem with the queue reader job.

John

Edit: got it now, was a trigger that was causing the issue 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply