Identify Products where Quantity Decimal Value is > 0

• I would like to identify all products that have a decimal quantity value > 0.

Product A Quantity 10.25

Product B Quantity 10.00

Query would return Product A.

Thanks,

Phil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

• will "modulo" help ? (see BOL)

select 10.25 % 1

select 10.00 % 1

• SELECT [product], [quantity], [INTquantity] = CAST([quantity] AS INT)

FROM (

SELECT 1 AS [product], 2.21 AS [quantity] UNION ALL

SELECT 2, 2.01 UNION ALL

SELECT 3, 2.00

) d

WHERE [quantity] > CAST([quantity] AS INT)

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• consider table Product

ProductID Quantity

A 10.25

B 10.00

select * from product where Quantity - floor(Quantity) >0

this will return Product A

thanks,

Amit kulkarni

• Thanks guys. Amit your example worked a treat.

Many Thanks,

Phil.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says. The bartender promptly serves up a beer. "How much will that be?" asks the neutron. "For you?" replies the bartender, "no charge."

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, 'I think I've lost an electron.' The other says 'Are you sure?' The first says, 'Yes, I'm positive... '

Tommy Cooper

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply