Ideas on resolving error -- "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA".

• I figured out the source of my issues......

Since I was building my SSIS package from an existing package (similar use case, ETL data and export data to a business partner), SSIS in the Visual Studio IDE was using my local configuration values (server name and tables/SPs) at design time, but was using configuration values from the package's XML configuration file when I was performing "design-time" execution tests.

Go figure.......:crazy:

• Jay Hammer (4/21/2015)

I figured out the source of my issues......

Since I was building my SSIS package from an existing package (similar use case, ETL data and export data to a business partner), SSIS in the Visual Studio IDE was using my local configuration values (server name and tables/SPs) at design time, but was using configuration values from the package's XML configuration file when I was performing "design-time" execution tests.

Go figure.......:crazy:

Nasty. Get yourself onto SSIS 2012+ and say goodbye to those XML config files for ever!

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (4/21/2015)

Nasty. Get yourself onto SSIS 2012+ and say goodbye to those XML config files for ever!

I would if I could, but the production server that I am working with is only SQL Server 2005, as we still have MS Access applications that are in use with no plan to replace and/or decommission.

• pduplessis-723389 (10/1/2008)

This normally occurs if there has been a change to your schema, not to stress, just double click on your input and output and it should resolve itself

Thank you so much!

You just saved me a lot of time (and nerves) now.

• Thanks, this solutiom help with my problem

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply