i want out of sp_helplogin sp into table

• Hi All,

Please anybody provide me a script which gives the output of sp_helplogins in the table.

• sp_helplogins returns two different result sets.

here's a table of the first result set i got from running this and scripting the table:

/*

SELECT *

INTO #sp_helpLogins

FROM OPENROWSET('SQLOLEDB','Server=DEV223;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Database=Master',

'Set FmtOnly OFF;EXEC dbo.sp_helplogins')

*/

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[#sp_helpLogins] (

[LoginName] nvarchar(156) NULL,

[SID] varbinary(85) NULL,

[DefDBName] nvarchar(32) NULL,

[DefLangName] nvarchar(40) NULL,

[AUser] char(5) NULL,

[ARemote] char(7) NULL)

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• To follow up on Lowell's excellent code AND provided that you wanted the 2nd result set from sp_helplogins you could perform the following.

1. Using SSMS, script the code of sp_helplogins as CREATE procedure.

2. Using the above script change the name to something lets say like "helplogins_2"

3. Then comment out the code that creates the first result set. To assist you in locating that portion of the sp_helplogins I have displayed the commented out portion:

---------------- Print out plain Logins report -------------

/* EXEC( -- Beginning of code to be commented out.

'

set nocount off

select

''LoginName'' = substring (LoginName ,1 ,'

+ @charMaxLenLoginName + ')

,''SID'' = convert(varbinary(85), SID)

,''DefDBName'' = substring (DefDBName ,1 ,'

+ @charMaxLenDBName + ')

,''DefLangName'' = substring (DefLangName ,1 ,'

+ @charMaxLenLangName + ')

,AUser

,ARemote

from

#tb2_PlainLogins

order by

LoginName

Set nocount on

'

) */ -- end of commenting out 1st result set

--------------optimize UA report column display widths -

Then you could rerun Lowell's code modified to use the new procedure (dbo.help_Logins_2' as

SELECT * INTO #helpLogins2

FROM OPENROWSET('SQLOLEDB','Server=DADSNEW;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Database=Test',

'Set FmtOnly OFF;EXEC dbo.help_Logins_2')

SELECT * FROM #helpLogins2

-- DROP TABLE #helpLogins2

Note that I created my new T-SQL with a new name (dbo.help_Logins_2), and NOT IN the master DB, but in my test DB.

You can run Lowell's and mine in a test DB to be sure this is what you need. Now admittedly this is a crude (to say the least) bit of code, but if it does what you need, you can always go back in and refine the T-SQL to run more efficently.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Msg 2760, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_helplogins_2, Line 460

The specified schema name "sys" either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

Im getting above error if i try to implement what you suggested

• what is the version of SQL Server you are using?

• shilpa.shankar87 (8/22/2011)

Msg 2760, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_helplogins_2, Line 460

The specified schema name "sys" either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

Im getting above error if i try to implement what you suggested

the error seems like you are not running the command as a sysadmin. you'll need more permissions to run the stuff we suggested.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply