I Want My Name Back

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item I Want My Name Back

• Just my 2ct ...

changing username may cause some "broken" references in forum replies, etc.

(e.g. there a some replies like "to alzdba ...." If I change my username to JohanBijnens that may leave some "broken" refs to alzdba because I suppose you'll not change the replies text to my new username)

That's why I keep it as alzdba. :w00t:

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Steve,

Sounds reasonable. Hopefully you can update the what is displayed on old postings to show the new name the person uses.

However, I think you should stay as 'Steve Jones - Editor' - apart from anything else it does mark out how active you are on the site.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• Steve,

I hope you have fun with that project.

sopheap

• Sounds like Thanksgiving at my house: my faimly is entirely composed of Millers/Smiths and Joneses.

Like my wife would say - "it like walking into a witness relocation program reunion"....:P

Good luck with "user normalization Process".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• As we clean up usernames, we'll definitely change the forums as well to match the new user name. So if there was another Alzdba in front of you, you'd get to pick a new name or you're appear as Alzdba2, depending on how creative I am that day. Maybe we'd make you Azldba-servicebroker-champion 🙂

I might leave the editor on. I had a few people say that it distinguished me from a regular user.

• ...I might leave the editor on. I had a few people say that it distinguished me from a regular user....

Shouldn't that be a new attribute in your entity ? :Whistling:

.... and off we go .... :w00t:

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• I probably don't need anymore attributes. My wife would rather see me subtract a few 😀

• I think having "- Editor" is helpful. I assumed it was intentional and had a purpose (identifying who you are).

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Just out of curiosity, I searched for my name, "Jesse McLain", in the Google search textbox in the upper-right hand corner. What came up was an entry by user "hxd001_810", http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/User+Defined+Function/61768/, listing me as the author. Is this related to the user name issue?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply