I need some help with a test, please.

• UMG Developer (9/30/2010)

Jeff Moden (9/30/2010)

I could use the extra data point for the R2.

Since you wanted some more R2 data points, I ran both of the tests on our SQL Server 2008 R2 CU3 development server. The hardest part was getting the AdventureWorks DB on it since the installer wouldn't work...

That was a pretty big annoyance for me when I installed "regular" 2k8, as well. But, I guess doing it separately is the right thing to do. After all, why would someone install a practice database on a production box? 🙂

Thank you for the data! 🙂

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Paul White NZ (10/1/2010)

Runs from my new laptop attached.

Thanks, Paul.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden (9/30/2010)

Jeff Moden (9/30/2010)

steve-893342 (9/25/2010)

My conversation with Jeff was getting rather tall!

Heh... I've gotten way behind on things and I'm really tired this last week. Too many fires with sticks in them and all. So tell me... what do you mean by the above and should I be offended or not? 😉

Heh... never mind. I just went back and looked. The quotes were making the posts physically tall. Like I said... I'm really tired this last week. 🙂

Hey Jeff, no worries man:-)

• Jeff Moden (9/30/2010)

WayneS (9/26/2010)

Jeff - just saw this thread after returning from my vacation. If needed, I can run this on a Vista Ultimate 64-bit laptop, on 2005 / 2008 (not R2). I can also run it on a XP 32-bit VM. Let me know if you need more data points.

Edit: At work, I have access to SQL 2000/2005/2008/2008R2.

Apologies... I'm way behind on the power curve. I could use the extra data point for the R2. If you decide to run either of the code snippets on any of the others, I'll never turn down datapoints. Thanks, Wayne.

Okay, I'll get to work on it.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (10/2/2010)

Jeff Moden (9/30/2010)

WayneS (9/26/2010)

Jeff - just saw this thread after returning from my vacation. If needed, I can run this on a Vista Ultimate 64-bit laptop, on 2005 / 2008 (not R2). I can also run it on a XP 32-bit VM. Let me know if you need more data points.

Edit: At work, I have access to SQL 2000/2005/2008/2008R2.

Apologies... I'm way behind on the power curve. I could use the extra data point for the R2. If you decide to run either of the code snippets on any of the others, I'll never turn down datapoints. Thanks, Wayne.

Okay, I'll get to work on it.

@jeff - is this post the one containing the code you want tested? Is there anything else you want tested?

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Viewing 5 posts - 211 through 214 (of 214 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply