I Need Full Info of MCTS(70-431) exam,Please give me Tutorial and Hints.

• I need complete info of MCTS(70-431) exam in sql server 2005.

• The exam skill set is listed on the following page.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-431.asp

Before you ask for, or use brain dumps, etc, you should be aware that these are illegal.

Anyone who gives you the exam, or details on the questions is in violation of the NDA that you accept when taking a MS exam.

See the following for details

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/program/piracy.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/faq/security.asp

As for material, I studied just out of Books Online and passed on the first try. It's not that hard if you work with SQL 2005.

There's a list of suggested books on the MS Cert site.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/sql/default.mspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • If you have a deep knowledge of SQL Server 2000 then you don't need to sound so desperate for the brain dumps and you shouldn't even bother trying to pass this exam if you lack SQL Server 2005 experience. Check the links that GilaMonster gave you for more information on SQL Server 2005 exams. Also, you need to understand that people WILL hesitate before they send you anything to your email address. Again, as GilaMonster wrote it is illegal to share exam questions, answers, code, etc. and if you previously passed any of the exams then you know there is a check box which says that you agree with Microsoft's Terms and Conditions for the exam(s).

So, install SQL Server 2K5, practice, administer and maintain it and then go out for an exam.

Husein

MCSD.NET

• I agree that "you shouldn't even bother trying to pass this exam if you lack SQL Server 2005 experience". I've worked with SQL Server since 6.5, but 2005 has plenty of new features that will certainly show up on the exam.

As far as study guides, my fave is the Exam Cram series from Que. But remember, a study guide does not TEACH you SQL Server, it only help you review to PASS the exam.

I would not want to hire a SQL DBA who brain-dumped their way into certification 🙁

Bill Mitchell, MCSD

• This exam isn't too hard for a person with a "deep knowledge in sql server 2000."

So basically, all you need to do is browse through the "What's New in SQL Server 2005" bit of the Books Online.

The questions in the exam are presented in a pretty straight-forward way, revolving around general SQL Server knowledge with an emphasis on the new features of SQL Server 2005.

But if you really want to get a taste of this amazing new technology (I'm getting sappy) and get ready for the exam at the same time, I'd recommend the "MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-431): Microsoft SQL Server(TM) 2005 Implementation and Maintenance" by Microsoft Press. It's written in a very appealing and informative way and I still use some parts as reference from time to time in my daily work. The book also comes with a pretty decent self-testing engine.

Good luck,

Adi

• You don't need braindumps to understand the exam pattern. You need them to cheat in the exam.

Look in Microsoft certification site and read books that others suggested to understand the exam pattern.

• So why did you change your post now? Look, people who use braindumps to pass the exam and get through the certification are sooner or later busted by their employer. And because of people like you, who rely on brain dumps, we that work(ed) like horses to gain knowledge and experience get a bad name. Do us all a favor and think next time before posting something like this.

Regards,

Husein, MCSD.NET

http://huskens.blogspot.com

• Thanx for your kind information Huseinr....

if you feel that those person who use dumps for prepration are dummey and not have the capability to do any thing and whose employer busted him. you r one of the fool who think so... it mean that if some referring any book and informations for the preperation will never achive a goal in there life. you are one of the egoestic person who feel other's are inferior to me....

• HI ,

I just passed the 70-431. And let me tell you, it was hard. I did a lot of preperation using the Self-Paced Training kit, and some of those practice exams from Measure up.

But if it wasn't for my SQL experience I dont think I would have passed. They have also now added these simulations. So you need to know your way around SSMS aswell.

The fact that despite my preparation the exam was still challenging is actually a good thing, because in the end it would make the certification worth more. 

I for one, am not going to share what the questions were exactly with anyone, because that would reduce the validity of the qualification.

So my advice to anyone taking this exam would be the following.

1. Get the self paced trianing kit from microsoft press.

2. Play around with SQL 2005. And make sure you understand what you are doing while you are doing it. It doesn't help to just run the sample code. You really need to understand what it does.

Good luck!!

Superchick

(Proudly MCTS)

• As with any of the exams you will not pass if you intend to only "read" the material and not work with the product. I have worked with authors on exam books and I have read many, and all of them have errors. It is also difficult to visualize sql in little code splices.

Understand SSMS. Understand sql. Do not underestimate how difficult it is.

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue

• "1. Get the self paced trianing kit from microsoft press. "

Can i download this ? If yes Where ?

Thanks

Yann

• Hi,

MCTS 70-431 - $40 at B&N - dont be cheap - you can use the book even after you pass.

I passed the 70-431 today - woo hoo.  I didnt ace it by no means and it certainly helps me know where I should improve

To me it was not easy - the multiple choice questions were a breeze - the simulation questions were what I found harder because it seemed to me that so many functions of the SMSS etc where not available.

As everyone knows - often 16 ways exist to do what is needed - the simulations definately wanted it done their way.

I used the MCTS 70-431 book, Books Online and the fact that I have deployed and maintain about 8 SQL 2005 Standard servers for my clients and their financial software.

One more - 70-447

For those discussing Brain Dumps - I am a consultant and meet so many people who work in this field and certainly should not... sometimes how they get their certifications is obvious

Thankfully simulations in tests make it harder for Brain Dump sights to void the worth of exams

Cheers

Ian

• Hi everyone!

I'm attending courses for MS2779 and 2780 in Dec/Jan prior to sitting 70-431.

I have the study guide which I am going through already as well as hands on experience with the implementations that I am working on with the financial software that the company I work for sells. The qualification should enable me to understand how the back end of the software works, how to secure the data, replicate it etc.

I don't work with SQL 2005 every day but really want to know my way around it and make it my top skill.....am I aiming too high or is passing this exam achievable with the approach that I am taking?

Many thanks!

Richard

• Richard,

Are you aiming too high? I don't know. It depends on your retention level and your ability to learn. If you learn quick and retain for a long time, then there is the possibility you could pass the exam just by sitting those two classes, but if those are boot camp classes, I wouldn't count on it.

If I were you, I'd buy at least the Self Paced Training kit or a Transcender practice exam and see how well you score in the practice exams before going to the real one. The problem with classes is they try and cram everything in your head as fast as possible and most people can't retain that information for very long. In fact, if you rely only on those two classes and you don't have edidic memory, chances are you won't do very well on the exam.

I only say all this because you did say you don't work with SQL Server on a daily basis. And trust me, there are things on that exam that require you to know how to do something that you really would have to do IRL & on the job. Classes don't always cover the "Wow, the DB is *really* screwed up now. Fix it quick!" parts of the exam.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Thanks Brandie.

They're not bootcamp classes - both are full 5 day's.

I've got the self-pace study guide and am finding it really useful. I'm doing the test exams and then revisiting the parts that I got wrong.

I will look into Transcender as it seems many people swear by it.

As for my day to day experience, I am going to be using SQL 2005 more and more so it's definitely something I am going to try and achieve (passing the exam).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply