I got the "SQL Dumper Library failed initialization" - Error

• I was removing trial versions of MS Office 2003 & 2007 so that I could install a New Full Version of Office 2007 … I think I removed more than I was supposed to. After removal and reboot, I get...

“SQL Dumper Library failed initialization. The installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with. Please uninstall and then re-run set up“.

I do not know what SQL is .. Could anybody help me get back to normal so that I can install the new software with no problems?

Grateful for any help…

Thanx,

Big O

• I am getting the same issue... I am trying to install a full version and can not... UUUGGGHHH it is so frustrating because I have work to do and I can't get to my old office programs.. and it will not let me unstall the old ones... I do not know what to do,....

• I haven't had this, but my guess is that Office 2007 shares a DLL/Assembly with the new SSMS stuff. When you uninstalled it probably removed that library and now SSMS has issues.

I'd reinstall the SS2K5 client tools (or repair). That has fixed things in SS2K before.

• I have just bought a pc from pcwb a HP. I took off Offoce 2007 which was semi loaded and went to load on 2003 version from a previous computer of mine. Now I have this error as well. Not much fun when you want to use it on a Saturday as HP are closed to calls. I am going to send it back to PCWB as they do not send out any software or disks with there hardware - I wish I'd stuck with Dell.

• Try re-installing Office Web componets from Sql server setup try to manually run the OWC11.msi file.

If SP2 with critical update is not applied then install the SP2 with critical update.

• As soon as I back in the office I will try this.

Thank you - I will post the results for the benefit of others.

Thank you very much.

Paul:)

• Did you get this problem fixed? I am having the same problems

• [font="Comic Sans MS"]I got the "SQL Dumper Library failed...

Is there anything online to fix this problem? I don't want to reinstall OFFICE![/font]

• We had the error too. Office 2007 and SQL2K5 Express Edition was installed. After removing the SQL-parts "MS SQL Server Native Client" and "MS SQL Server VSS Client" it worked.

Patrick SIMONS, MCP

• I also got this error message after i removed a trial version of office 2007. My Windows updates also fail to install after i removed office 2007. I tried to "repair" the "SQL server native client", and "SQL server VSS writer" from add/remove programs, with no luck. How can i fix this problem.

• lars-eb (3/14/2008)

I also got this error message after i removed a trial version of office 2007. My Windows updates also fail to install after i removed office 2007. I tried to "repair" the "SQL server native client", and "SQL server VSS writer" from add/remove programs, with no luck. How can i fix this problem.

I am sure this happened due to uninstallation of Outlook (part of Office 2007). Just install Outlook on your system as installing Outlook also install SQL and your issue will be fixed. For more details visit support.iyogi.com/os-issues/windows-xp/how-to-fix-the-error-sqldumper-library-failed-initialization-re-install-setup-to-correct-the-problem-in-windows-xp.html

Please share your results if it work or not.:-)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply