I got a job but .....

• Congrats! And as the others have said before, there is a whole community here willing to help you out if you find yourself stuff.

You will learn a lot being the only database person.

😎

• Congrats! I'm in a very similar situation and I do have one piece of advice: Document everything you do because you won't remember what you did when you come back six months later! It doesn't have to be the Encyclopedia Brittanica, but having notes on why you did something and what steps you used will be very very helpful.

ed.: And, especially document what you had to go back and "fix" because if you're like me, you'll forget the same thing over again! No point in making mistakes if you don't learn from them... 😉

Steve G.

• And save all your T-SQL scripts! You'd be amazed at how handy that comes in 6 months down the road when you need to replicate that "one time" job.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• You will learn a lot.

Always can create a post for any question or problem, but always try to keep your backups ready.

Don't be afraid but try don't to be irresponsible.

Regards Ramon

• None of us are working alone with this forum community available.

Enjoy it, act professionally, treat all as equal and every task as a chance to learn and you'll progress and yes, not only save those sql scripts but take them to the next job 🙂

• yes, not only save those sql scripts but take them to the next job

But check any confidentially agreements you might have signed on the previous job before you do port the sql scripts over. You don't want to be accused of industrial theft/espionage by your former employer. Especially if they're the type to claim the rights to all work done by you while you worked for them.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply