I can't figure this one out....

• I recently had a problem with one of my publications failing.

The publication was running fine for server1 to server2. Then someone asked me to add a table to the publication & replication broke. When attempting to fix this, I kept getting 'binding' errors. So, I decided to drop the publication & subscription and start from scratch.

Publication creates with no problem.

When I try to add the subscription I have to add the subscriber server (Strange to me since there are other publications/subscriptions to the servers in question)

and NO DATABASES appear in the list.

If I do the exact same thing from server1 to server3, there are no issues. So, I know it is an issue with Server2.

Last week a subscriber was added to server2 from a non-trusted domain & the person creating the subscriber on server2 did so with scripts.

This works fine.

Could this have changed something that makes my server1 & server2 in the same domain having something missing to be able to replicate now?

Is it something to do with the hosts file?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• from you saying this "and NO DATABASES appear in the list." My first guess would be a security issue. The account for your subscriber does not have any authority or permissions on any of the database on server 2 or the replication service account is not working/setup to access that server.

Try looking at it from that perspective and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mike McNeer

• Thanx Mike.

Profiler showed that someone created a view in another database over the replication tables.....hard to explain what I mean, even harder to understand why someone would do something like this. The binding error was because there was nothing to bind....

All is well that ends well, I only pulled half the hair out of my head.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply