I am no Asimov

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item I am no Asimov

• That is some writing right there--thanks for a great read.

• Sometimes picking off one of the more simple tasks off of a task list can give one impetus and momentum required to continue.

The danger is that we continue to "pick the low hanging fruit" and leave only large significant tasks having ignored any essential time based prioritisation.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• Wasn't 'Mote in God's Eye' by Niven/Pournelle, not Asimov?

....I need to add an item to my list: 'Get out more. '

😀

Life as a DBA: Living in a box, but thinking outside of it.

Blog: www.chilledsql.com[/url]

• Thanks!

Oddly that helps quite a bit, even though I'm more having a problem with apathy than a to long to do list.

Kenneth FisherI was once offered a wizards hat but it got in the way of my dunce cap.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, click on the following... http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/[/url]For better answers on performance questions, click on the following... http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/66909/[/url]Link to my Blog Post --> www.SQLStudies.com[/url]

• I work in a busy support environment, with longer term projects overlaid on the to-do list can get a bit frenetic and/or daunting at times.

I find it's always good to keep a few smaller housekeeping items on the list, especially ones that can be started/stopped at short notice. One of them is to catch up on newsletter reading. This is always a learning experience, and usually delivers inspiration. Even 15 minutes can help revitalize during a long week.

Life as a DBA: Living in a box, but thinking outside of it.

Blog: www.chilledsql.com[/url]

• I hope you're not a Houdini; otherwise, everything you've done is just illusion. 🙂

I had a colleague whom we named Houdini. He seemed to be busy but never accomplished anything.

Tom

• OCTom (9/30/2014)

I hope you're not a Houdini; otherwise, everything you've done is just illusion. 🙂

I had a colleague whom we named Houdini. He seemed to be busy but never accomplished anything.

Tom

That's weird, we had a colleague whom we named Houdini as well, but it was because he disappeared/escaped exactly at seven o'clock. 😀

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply