Hunting Developers

• TravisDBA (2/8/2013)

batgirl (2/8/2013)

We worked hard and long but we also had opportunities to play hard often enough to keep it very interesting.

You know, now that you bring that up, I have heard that term before "play hard" and it always kind of confused me. What exactly does "play hard" mean? From what I have experienced and read in the past it refers to people partying after working hard. I think it's just an excuse for bad partying habits like excessive drinking. People with those habits are usually the ones who use the silly expression in the first place. Though, there are many many people who very work hard without "partying". I am one of them. My dog is a different story though. Also, there are those who party all the time without doing any work at all. So, the entire statement sounds a little exclusionary at best. It also seems to be a "trite" or "hackneyed" statement that someone long ago at Redmond came up with and has been long overused by certain individuals since. 😀

Wow...nothing so sinister really 🙂

"Play hard" meant that we had organized events meant to take us completely out of the work mode. Some examples - soup cooking contests, building miniature golf courses in the aisles, scavenger hunts, silly contests all wrapped around fund-raising efforts for community causes. I'm certain that there were plenty of people who could party hardy after hours - but I'm talking about time set aside during working hours that required creative participation and did not include mood altering chemicals of any kind.

• That's the first time I have ever heard "play hard" mean a soup-making contest. That's rich! :w00t:

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"

• Depends on what is in the soup!

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

• Miles, whether you realize it not, you just made my point.:-D

"Technology is a weird thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other. ...:-D"

• I had to do something right today!

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply