Huge SQL Scripts

• Hi Steve

I intend to write an article with many SQL scripts and publish a huge DDL generation script.

I had a problem with a 600 lines SQL script in this post. Especially the DDL script has about 1,300 lines and don't think that the client side java-script formatting can handle this. Maybe I cold try to use the code="plain" mode but it seems to be a workaround.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Flo

• Code="plain" seems OK to me. Other than that, you could post a picture, or include it as an attachment.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Hi Barry!

Thanks for your reply.

RBarryYoung (4/16/2009)

Code="plain" seems OK to me.

I just tried with code="plain" Firefox needs about two seconds but can handle it. I tried from IE an it completely removes the indentation and shows all text in standard font. Without at least some indentation this script just is unreadable for anybody.

Other than that, you could post a picture, or include it as an attachment.

A picture of a 1,300 lines SQL script?? 😀

My monitor is not small, but for a screenshot I would need a font size of 0.3 (for fun I tried size 1 in word and it still takes 3 pages). Seems that would be something like a microfilm. I could do this with little C# program to take the picture. But I think a picture of 1300 lines SQL is a little bit unhandy for a user.

An attachment seems also not possible. I just tried in "Contribution Center". It is only possible to attach jpg or gif.

Greets

Flo

• Attach it as txt. I am sure that others have done it before.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• At worst a ZIP should always work.

[/font]

• Hi Barry

Thanks for your help! I just tried. In contribution center click "Contribute Script" on bottom there is a upload text box it allows only images...

Greets

Flo

• Oh, sorry. i thought that you were doing "Contribute Article".

[/font]

• No problem. Thank you all the same!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply