howto abort container on any error?

• Hello,

in a container I have to branches of the controlflow that run parallel. When in one branch an error occures, the second branch continues and after its execution the package is finished.

I want to have the container stop immediately when any error occurs. After this container the flow should continue. How to achieve this behavior?

Thanks,

Tobe

• Well,

one option is like....you can add some logging task inside the container and connect that task with all possible error outputs from the different tasks inside the container.

and in the properties of the container

set failpackageonfaliure= false, failparentonfaliure=false

good luck!

• Dolson Sebastian (2/14/2011)

Well,

one option is like....you can add some logging task inside the container and connect that task with all possible error outputs from the different tasks inside the container.

and in the properties of the container

set failpackageonfaliure= false, failparentonfaliure=false

good luck!

What??????

You have 2 choices. Either set the MaximumErrorCount for the container or set the FailParentOnFailure property to TRUE for each task in the container.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• to fail the container on a failure, the best option is failparentonfaliure=true... i agree...

i was thinking about catching the error and continuing the flow. 😉

• Dolson Sebastian (2/17/2011)

to fail the container on a failure, the best option is failparentonfaliure=true... i agree...

i was thinking about catching the error and continuing the flow. 😉

The original post says:

... I want to have the container stop immediately when any error occurs. ...

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• correct...my mistake, i haven't read the line carefully!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply