How would YOU use the domain name of dbanalyst.com?

• How would YOU use the domain name of dbanalyst.com?

I tried an earlier post about selling the domain name that generated some good input, which I appreciate. However, perhaps a better question for "Anything that is NOT about SQL!" would be:

If you had the domain name, what would you do with it? I'm not thinking I could use it for great revenue generation. (However, that wouldn't be terrible.) I WOULD like to use it in a way that provides information that's needed by the community, that's not readily availbale elsewhere.

So, clever people, what would you do?

- Hitchhicker's Guide to SQLServer resources on the net

- Dating website to help DBA's meet the person of their dreams

- List of 57 things I SWEAR E. F. Codd said, but for which I can't find a reference

- Place where college students can post their database homework hoping to get people to do it for them

OR ... come on people, let's see what you've got.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Something that has nothing to do with databases or analysis thereof. Maybe pictures of kittens or something. After all, a site with pictures of kittens is a pretty original idea, and I think it might be a popular subject.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (6/28/2011)

Something that has nothing to do with databases or analysis thereof. Maybe pictures of kittens or something. After all, a site with pictures of kittens is a pretty original idea, and I think it might be a popular subject.

That's what I'm talking about! Outside of the box thinking. Pretty good for "GSquared". 🙂

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]

• Come on people, let's get some ideas on this. Serious or funny, or serious and funny. Take a moment from that cursor you're trying to turn into set based logic and give me your thoughts.

• well I think the name speaks for itself

the banal list

list everything that is banal.;-)

• 440692 I am just a number (6/29/2011)

well I think the name speaks for itself

the banal list

list everything that is banal.;-)

Sounds like a life's work. Not sure I want to make that kind of commitment. But thanks for the smile.

I was thinking maybe:

dog bone analysis - where people submit their dog's bones - the ones they eat OR their actual bones - for forensic analysis a la "Bones" natch

d b cooper analysis - an thorough investigation of all things related to d b cooper (young people google it)

But please, what would YOU do?

• drum and bass analysis..

setup a site analysing all the latest drum and bass tracks?

• steveb. (6/29/2011)

drum and bass analysis..

setup a site analysing all the latest drum and bass tracks?

Excellent! Plus, think of the flame wars between the drummers and bass players! Ooooooooh, I seeing lots of bloodshot "eyeballs".

• Place where college students can post their database homework hoping to get people to do it for them

Wouldn't that be a honey pot? Maybe wilth photos of beehives?

Beehive! Bah! Go ahead and let her try to make a beehive out of me!

• OCTom (6/30/2011)

Place where college students can post their database homework hoping to get people to do it for them

I feel like I should know the reference. But it's not coming to me. Please clue me in.

• Put a web cam in your cube and make it a reality TV site. The world needs more reality TV. 😀

• Daniel Bowlin (6/30/2011)

Put a web cam in your cube and make it a reality TV site. The world needs more reality TV. 😀

Best idea so far! DBA's in action - some combination of Big Brother, NCIS, and Big Bang Theory.

Imagine the merchandizing possibilities! Have to make sure we have at least one brainy woman in pigtails and a plaid skirt, and LOTS of drama.

Imagine the pilot: The central "plot" will revolve around a heated debate of whether or not people that use nulls in the second line of an address should be allowed to continue breathing.

Just as CSI spawned a generation of teens dreaming of being crime scene techs, this show will swell the ranks of people wishing they could be a DBA. Just think how many certification classes MS could sell.

• Thomas Abraham (6/30/2011)

OCTom (6/30/2011)

Place where college students can post their database homework hoping to get people to do it for them

I feel like I should know the reference. But it's not coming to me. Please clue me in.

That's a reference to The Wizard of Oz. The Tin Man says that after the visit to the trio, Dorothy, The Scarecrow, and The Tin Man (and toto too) by the Wicked Witch of the West at his forest home. She threatens to make a beehive out of him.

• OCTom (6/30/2011)

That's a reference to The Wizard of Oz. The Tin Man says that after the visit to the trio, Dorothy, The Scarecrow, and The Tin Man (and toto too) by the Wicked Witch of the West at his forest home. She threatens to make a beehive out of him.

Duh! Yes, remember it now. Thanks.

Bee Hive reality TV maybe? Web cam on the hive, with voice-over by someone like David Attenborough, with color commentary by John Madden.

Crazy? I think not. We'll have to have something to do on Sundays during what used to be football season.

• Thomas Abraham (6/30/2011)

Daniel Bowlin (6/30/2011)

Put a web cam in your cube and make it a reality TV site. The world needs more reality TV. 😀

Best idea so far! DBA's in action - some combination of Big Brother, NCIS, and Big Bang Theory.

Imagine the merchandizing possibilities! Have to make sure we have at least one brainy woman in pigtails and a plaid skirt, and LOTS of drama.

Imagine the pilot: The central "plot" will revolve around a heated debate of whether or not people that use nulls in the second line of an address should be allowed to continue breathing.

Just as CSI spawned a generation of teens dreaming of being crime scene techs, this show will swell the ranks of people wishing they could be a DBA. Just think how many certification classes MS could sell.

Or could have it like X-factor / american idol where DBAs/ developers go in front of a panel of three 'experts' and show off their coding / dba skills with the winner going all the way to Seatle.

The only problem would be finding three experts that are sarcastic enough!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply